Moon Man has thoughts on the Top Fantasy Wide Receivers for the 2016 NFL season. Alshon Jeffery, Golden Tate, A.J. Green, Brandin Cooks and Doug Baldwin did not make the cut. Check out who did.
Top 10 Fantasy Wide Receivers (PPR).
- Julio Jones (Falcons) – Moon Man expects Double digit touchdowns, 1,400+ yards and big plays consistently for bonuses from Julio. Drafting tight end Austin Hooper and signing Mohamed Sanu will alleviate double coverage from opposing defenses. Moon Man needs more consistency from Julio. The frustration sets in when Julio goes off, only to have a 7 point game the following week. Still, Julio and Freeman will be in the top 5 per position this year.
- Antonio Brown (Steelers) – At #2 because of an aging/injury prone Big Ben. Still, the wide out catches 5+ balls weekly and get double digit targets on the regular. No brainer here. Martavis Bryant’s suspension hurts Brown’s production slightly.
- Allen Robinson (Jaguars) – No surprise here. Last year’s breakout Fantasy stud is back. A Rob might find his place atop Moon Man’s Fantasy Rankings come week 1. Big things from Blake Bortles – A Rob connection this season. See where Bortles landed on Moon Man’s QB Rankings. ( http://ffnation.com/2016-nfl-draft-1st-round-recap-w32-qb-fantasy-rankings/ )
- Odell Beckam Jr. (Giants) – Eli Manning’s number 1 target. New offense this season and big expectations in New York. Beckam will shine bright this season and be consistent week in week out. Moon Man sees a 7-8 game stretch where Odell produces touchdowns weekly. It could be a touchdown per game at season’s end.
- DeAndre Hopkins (Texans) – Brock Osweiler has weapons for days in Houston. Cecil Shorts, Jalen Strong, Will Fuller and Braxton Miller. A key being C Nick Martin. Great draft pick and Moon Man will be watching him closely along with Brock’s progression as the man in Houston. With so many weapons and the Lamar Miller/Alfred Blue/Jonathan Grimes committee. DeAndre will be racking up a few 150 yard performances this season.
- Dez Bryant (Cowboys) – Tony Romo is back and that’s great news for Dez. Hopefully Mr. Bryant stays healthy because with the acquisition of Alfred Morris and Ezekiel Elliot, the Play action game will be butter in 2016. The Cowboys will produce 3 top ten fantasy players in Romo, Elliot and Bryant per their position.
- Jordy Nelson (Packers) – Moon Man was disappointed in Randall Cobb and Devonte Adams last year. Jeff Janis and Jared Abbrederis should have seen more playing time prior to the Playoffs last season. This year Moon Man expects the Packers receiving core to produce as a whole. Jordy is still Rodger’s number one target and sets the offense up for success. With a healthy offensive line, the Packers offense will be moving on all cylinders with Jordy producing 1,342 yards and 9 touchdowns.
- Keenan Allen (Chargers) – Target monster Keenan Allen will exclipse 100 receptions in the 2016 NFL season. Drafting Tight End Hunter Henry will improve the Chargers drastically. Antonio Gates, Travis Benjamin, Dontrelle Inman and Stevie Johnson will get this offense moving behind #1 WR Allen. Phillip Rivers has Melvin Gordon in his sophomore season with the Wiley vet Danny Woodhead out of the backfield/third downs. Moon Man has high expectations for the Chargers offense this year. Melvin Gordon will break 1,000 yards, Allen will play all 16 games, Gates/Henry combo will be Fantasy platinum at least twice this season. We all know tight ends in the flex for DFS produce at low cost.
- Brandon Marshall (Jets) – No Ryan Fitzpatrick yet. Marshall produces regardless. Moon Man has Marshall as one of the All Time great wide receivers. We should enjoy his heart, skills and competitiveness weekly. Marshall is aging so let’s focus on enjoying him perform come the 2016 NFL season. Whichever QB starts week 1 for the Jets. They will find themself targeting Marshall consistently. Especially in the Red Zone.
- Julian Eldeman (Patriots) – Tom Brady’s number one target. Eldeman may even throw or run for a touchdown this year. Come week 5. Eldeman will go on a tear. He will probably be the best value at WR come 5 week. His numbers will take a hit during Brady’s suspension. Driving his price tag down. Brady comes back and it’ll be the play of the week. Eldeman has been injured from time to time so less targets the first quarter of the season will help his performance on the back end of the year. Less wear and tear. This will be Eldeman’s last year as a top 20 fantasy wide receiver in Moon Man’s universe.
(Teams Going Off + Thoughts Flexed In = Combination Lineups)
May the Fantasy Force be with you.
Follow us on Twitter @Theffnation
#MoonMan #cheyeah #TheFFnation