With the #1 Overall Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Quarterback Carson Wentz from North Dakota State???
2016 NFL Mock Draft: Round 1
- Tennessee Titans – OT Larry Tunsil (Ole Miss). Possible trade could be with the Philadelphia Eagles. Jason Peters is in the 3rd year of a $51.3 million contract and with Lane Johnson ready to fill the Left Tackle position. The Birds could offer up Jason Peters, the 8th overall pick and swap later round picks in 2017. Likely? Not likely to happen but it’s clear the Eagles are not messing around when it comes to landing a Franchise QB. Don’t be fooled by the Sam Bradford signing. The Birds could cut him before Free Agency begins in March of 2017 and save millions. With the 8th pick in the Draft. The Titans could draft a Top Offensive Tackle in Notre Dame’s Ronnie Stanley or Michigan State’s Jack Conklin. The question then becomes. Who would the Eagles draft with the #1 overall pick? Either Jared Goff or Carson Wentz? I’m thinking Wentz. In both scenerios Marcus Mariotta gets an Offensive Tackle. Immediatley placing Mariotta in top #5 Rankings for Fantasy Football QBs. Check out the Moon Man’s top 32 NFL QB Rankings.
- Cleveland Browns – QB Carson Wentz (NDSU). The Browns historically have bombed with their top picks. In general when it comes to drafting QBs and DBs with their top ten picks. The Browns stink. Cleveland needs a Franchise QB and their hope is here in the 2016 NFL Draft. The Browns will land a Franchise QB in Jared Goff if Wentz is snagged by a Titans-Eagles trade. So select the DB Jalen Ramsey? Why would the Browns draft Ramsey? When they have a QB in their grips. Lets take a look at the last four drafts in which the Cleveland Browns selected a QB in round 1.
1999 NFL Draft the Browns took QB Tim Couch with #1 overall pick.
- Tim Couch
- Donovan McNabb
- Akili Smith
- Edgerrin James
- Ricky Williams
- Torry Holt
- Champ Bailey
- David Boston
- Chris Claiborne
- Chris McAlister
- Daunte Culpepper
- Cade McNown
2007 NFL Draft the Browns selected OT Joe Thomas 3rd overall and failed with QB Brady Quinn 22nd overall.
- JaMarcus Russell
- Joe Thomas
- Gaines Adams
- Levi Brown
- LaRon Landry
- Adrian Peterson
- Jamaal Anderson
- Ted Ginn Jr.
- Amobi Okoye
- Patrick Willis
- Adam Carriker
- Darrelle Revis
- Lawrence Timmons
- Justin Harrell
- Jarvis Moss
- Leon Hall
- Michael Griffin
- Aaron Ross
- Reggie Nelson
- Brady Quin.
Browns passed up on Joe Staley, Greg Olsen, Paul Posluszny, Kevin Kolb, Eric Weddle, Drew Stanton, Lamar Woodly and Steve Smith. This draft proved to be top heavy as many of the players turned out average at best. As for the 2012 Draft. Browns fans may want to chew me up in the Dawg Pound for bringing up the memories.
2012 NFL Draft the Browns selected RB Trent Richardson 3rd overall. Ironically Madonna’s song “Holiday” is playing on the radio. There is no celebration for drafting Brandon Weeden 22nd overall in the same draft.
- Andrew Luck
- RG III
- Trent Richardson
- Matt Kalil
- Justin Blackmon
- Morris Claiborne
- Mark Barron
- Ryan Tannehill
- Luke Kuechly
- Stephon Gilmore
- Dontari Poe
- Fletcher Cox
- Michael Floyd
- Michael Brockers
- Bruce Irvin
- Quinton Coples
- Dre Kirkpatrick
- Melvin Ingram
- Shea McClellin
- Kendall Wright
- Chandler Jones
- Brandon Weeden
The Browns passed over Dont’a Hightower, Harrison Smith, Doug Martin, Alshon Jeffry, Brock Osweiler, Lavonte David, Olivier Vernon, Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, T.Y. Hilton, Lamar Miller, Travis Benjamin drafted 100th, Kirk Cousins, Josh Norman (143rd), Marvin Jones (166), Alfred Morris (173rd and the newest Dallas Cowboy), Danny Trevathan and Rishard Matthews. The Browns did land WR Josh Gordon and DB Tashaun Gibson in the supplemental draft.
2014 NFL Draft the Browns selected CB Justin Gilbert 8th overall and Johnny Manziel 22nd overall.
- Jadeveon Clowney
- Greg Robinson
- Blake Bortles (Moon Man’s #1 Ranked Fantasy QB for the 2016 NFL season). Check out all 32 QBs ranked here http://ffnation.com/the-moon-mans-fantasy-football-chronicles-new-england-patriots-2016-season-outlook/
- Sammy Watkins
- Khalil Mack
- Jake Matthews
- Mike Evans
- Justin Gilbert
- Anthony Barr
- Eric Ebron
- Taylor Lewan
- Odell Beckam Jr.
- Aaron Donald
- Kyle Fuller
- Ryan Shazier
- Zack Martin
- C.J. Mosley
- Calvin Pryor
- Ja’Wuan James
- Brandin Cooks (Fantasy Owners dropped him way to soon this past season).
- Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
- Johnny Manziel
The Browns passed up on Cam Newton’s returning #1 WR in Kelvin Benjamin. Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr, Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde, Allen Robinson, Jimmy Garoppolo, Jarvis Landry, Charles Simms, Chris Borland, Devonta Freeman (103rd), AJ McCarron, Zach Mettenberger, Alfred Blue, Allen Hurns and Malcolm Butler.
Hopefully past mistakes won’t cause the Browns to bail on the Franchise QB idea and lead them to drafting the stud CB. It’s proven that offense during the regular season gets a majority of the teams to the playoffs. Once in the playoffs. It comes down to who executes out of the gate, which team doesn’t turnover the rock and the defense. Words make it sound easy. “All Out, All Game, All Season!”
Jalen Ramsey may be a cornerstone back but that will not net the Browns regular season wins. The Browns new Defensive Coordinator Ray Horton will improve the defense and “I do not hear a Ramsey for Horton.” It would make sense for the Browns to draft a QB or DB based off of the draft history presented. It also makes sense for the Browns to trade their #2 pick to an organization that needs a QB. Will that happen? No, because the Browns are content with horrendous 1st round choices.
3. San Diego Chargers – DE Joey Bosa (Ohio State). The Chargers could trade down, snag a future qb or draft a pass rushing stud in Bosa.
4. Dallas Cowboys – DB Jalen Ramsey (Florida State). It happens sometimes. The Cowboys need offensive production. Alfred Morris and Ezekiel Elliot would suffice.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars – OT Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame).
The Jags should trade this pick to 49ers, Eagles or Broncos.
– More than less think the 49ers need a QB change. Pick #7 for #5. Should the 49ers trade to ensure another team doesn’t? With Jared Goff still on the board. This situation might present itself. The Eagles would move ahead of San Fran and target Jared Goff with a trade. Denver could trade Emmanuel Sanders to the Jags for Fantasy Fun!
6. Baltimore Ravens – RB Ezekiel Elliot (Ohio State).
7. San Francisco 49ers – QB Jared Goff (California).
8. Philadelphia Eagles – OG Cody Whitehair (Kansas State).
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DB Vernon Hargreaves (Florida).
10. New York Football Giants – WR Laquon Treadwell (MISS).
11. Chicago Bears – LB Myles Jack (UCLA).
12. New Orleans Saints – DL A’Shawn Robinson (Alabama).
13. Miami Dolphins – CB Mackenzie Alexander (Clemson).
14. Oakland Raiders – RB Derrick Henry (Alabama). Shout out to the HOFer AL Davis!
15. Los Angeles Rams – DE Shaq Lawson (Clemson).
16. Detroit Lions – OT Jack Conklin (Michigan St.).
17. Atlanta Falcons – DE Deforest Buckner (Oregon).
18. Indianapolis Colts – DE/LB Leonard Floyd (Georgia).
19. Buffalo Bills – CB Eli Apple (Ohio State).
20. New York Jets – DE/LB Noah Spence (Eastern Kentucky).
21. Washington Redskins – DL Jarran Reed (Alabama).
22. Houston Texans – WR Corey Coleman (Baylor).
23. Minnesota Vikings – DE Kevin Dodd (Clemson).
24. Cincinnati – DT Robert Nkemdiche (Ole Miss).
25. Steelers – TE Hunter Henry (Arkansas).
26. Seattle Seahawks – LB Reggie Ragland (Alabama).
27. Packers – OT Taylor Decker (Ohio State).
28. Kansas City Chiefs – WR Josh Doctson (TCU).
29. Arizona Cardinals – DL Andrew Billings (Baylor).
30. Carolina Panthers – LB Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame).
31. Denver Broncos – QB Paxton Lynch (Memphis).
Follow us on Twitter @Theffnation
#MoonMan #cheyeah #TheFFnation