Fantasy Football Mock Drafts
Rounds 1, 2 and 3 are sure to bring Fantasy Football Friends both joy and agony. DST are important when playing in DFS. The 2016 NFL Draft will change many teams defensive outlook. This draft is deep with NFL starters and situational players. Selecting the correct DST in DFS correlates to 10+ points for Fantasy Friends. 10 points can be the difference between 1st and 30th place or placing in the money and not placing in the money.
All season long Moon Man’s Fantasy Football Chronicles will decipher the Eclipse that Fantasy Friends face daily. The 2016 NFL Draft is not stacked with offensive studs in the fantasy sense. It’s crucial these rookies land in an offensive scheme that is conducive to their Fantasy success. An example being WR Laquon Treadwell going 9th overall to the Buccaneers or 10th overall to the GMEN. What if Treadwell falls to the Saints or Falcons. Is this good? If a Buccaneer, Treadwell will see targets consistently week in and week out with a few big games. If a Giant, Treadwell will see multiple games with multiple touchdowns and some games with poor showings. This is the Eli Manning factor. Eli has horrible games and games where he throws for 5 tds! Clearly if the Saints draft Treadwell, he will be a viable fantasy option? Absolutely not. Drew Brees and Sean Payton spread the ball around. Brandin Cooks will be the only wide receiver seeing 5+ targets consistently. The Falcons bring an interesting Fantasy conundrum. With Julio Jones garnering a safety over top and their lack of a tight end in the passing game. Treadwell would open things up for Matt Ryan and be a fantasy option per the weekly matchup.
Laquon Treadwell Fantasy Ranking:
Buccaneers – #2 WR.
Giants – #2/flex. At least two games with multiple tds.
Saints – Flex option.
Falcons – #2/flex.
2016 NFL Fantasy Football Mock Drafts:
- Los Angeles Rams – QB Carson Wentz (NDSU). The Rams will clearly draft a QB with this pick. They did not trade up to draft Tunsil, Ramsey or Bosa! Jared Goff is more polished at this point and faced tougher competition at Cal. Still, Carson Wentz is what Moon Man calls a mutant. Mutants are fun to watch on the field, better when playing Madden and the best when selecting Fantasy Football options. The Rams are not winning the NFC West Division anytime soon. The Franchise needs a QB and Moon Man respects the risk vs reward by basically trading everything for Wentz. As for fantasy value. Wentz needs more weapons to be anything more than a QB 3 at this point.
- Cleveland Browns – DB Jalen Ramsey (FSU). Rumors have the Eagles interested in trading up once again. I don’t see it happening. Ramsey is a stud and the Browns have Josh McCown and RG III at the QB position.
- San Diego Chargers – DE Joey Bosa (Ohio State). Moon Man has Bosa as the #1 ranked defensive player. The Chargers need his pass rushing abilities if they hope to compete this season.
- Dallas Cowboys – LB Myles Jack (UCLA). The Boys are simply taking the best player on the board at this point. The Eagles and Giants will run the ball this season. The Redskins not so much. Myles Jack is good in the pass and run game. Can’t pass up Jack at pick #4.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – OT Larry Tunsil (Ole Miss). Having Blake Bortles ranked as my top fantasy football QB. This solidifies it. Watch out for the Jaguars offense this season. The Jags will be better than the Pittsburgh Steelers Fantasy offense this season. Even with Bell and Bryant, I would give the nod to the Jags. Fantasy Stats for days and must be used in DFS. Securing Tunsil is the obvious move, not to mention the Jags need offensive line help after last year’s acquisitions didn’t pan out.
- Baltimore Ravens – DL DeForest Buckner (Oregon).
- San Francisco 49ers – QB Jared Goff (Cal).
- Philadelphia Eagles – DB Vernon Hargreaves III (Florida).
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – WR Laquon Treadwell (Ole Miss).
- New York Giants – OT Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame).
- Chicago Bears – DL Sheldon Rankins (Louisville).
- New Orleans Saints – DL A’Shawn Robinson (Alabama).
- Miami Dolphins – RB Ezekiel Elliot (Ohio State).
- Oakland Raiders – LB Reggie Ragland (Alabama).
- Tennessee Titans – Jack Conklin (MSU).
- Detroit Lions – OT TaylorDecker (Ohio State).
- Atlanta Falcons – DE Shaq Lawson (Clemson).
- Indianapolis Colts – LB Darron Lee (Ohio State).
- Buffalo Bills – QB Paxton Lynch (Memphis).
- New York Jets – QB Connor Cook (MSU).
- Washington Redskins – DB Eli Apple (Ohio State).
- Houston Texans – WR Corey Coleman (Baylor).
- Minnesota Vikings – WR Will Fuller (Notre Dame).
- Cincinnati Bengals – WR Josh Doctson (TCU).
- Pittsburgh Steelers – CB William Jackson III (Houston).
- Seattle Seahawks – OL Cody Whitehair (Kansas State).
- Green Bay Packers – DL Jarran Reed (Alabama).
- Kansas City Chiefs – DE Kevin Dodd (Clemson).
- Arizona Cardinals – C Ryan Kelly(Alabama).
- Carolina Panthers – RB Derrick Henry(Alabama).
- Denver Broncos – LB Leonard Floyd (Georgia).
- Cleveland Browns – DL Andrew Billings (Baylor).
- Tennessee Titans – DE – Noah Spence (Eastern Kentucky).
- Dallas Cowboys – DB Mackensie Alexander (Clemson).
- San Diego Chargers – DL Kenny Clark (UCLA).
- Baltimore Ravens – OT Jason Spriggs (Indiana).
- San Francisco 49ers – DE Emmanuel Ogbah (Oklahoma State).
- Jacksonville Jaguars – C Nick Martin (Notre Dame).
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – WR Sterling Shepard (Oklahoma).
- New York Giants – LB Kamalei Correa (Boise State).
- Chicago Bears – WR Michael Thomas (Ohio State).
- Miami Dolphins – DT Robert Nkemdiche (Ole Miss).
- Tennessee Titans – TE Hunter Henry (LSU).
- Oakland Raiders – DL Chris Jones (Mississippi State).
- Tennessee Titans – S Vonn Bell (Ohio State).
- Detroit Lions – S Keanu Neal (Florida).
- New Orleans Saints – WR Tyler Boyd (Pitt).
- Indianapolis Colts – OG Vadal Alexander (LSU).
- Buffalo Bills – OT Germain Ifedi (Texas A&M).
- Atlanta Falcons – OT La’Raven Clark (Texas Tech).
- New York Jets – DB Kendall Fuller (Virginia Tech).
- Houston Texans – DL Vernon Butler (Louisiana Tech).
- Washington Redskins – RB Kenneth Dixon (Louisiana Tech).
- Minnesota Vikings – DE Shilique Calhoun (MSU).
- Cincinnati Bengals – CB Artie Burns (U)
- Seattle Seahawks – DL Sheldon Day (Notre Dame).
- Green Bay Packers – LB Kentrell Brothers (Missouri).
- Pittsburgh Steelers – DL Austin Johnson (Penn State).
- Kansas City Chiefs – S Jeremy Cash (Duke).
- New England Patriots – OT Jerald Hawkins (LSU).
- New England Patriots – WR Braxton Miller (Ohio State).
- Carolina Panthers – OT Shon Coleman (Auburn).
- Denver Broncos – QB Christian Hackenberg Penn State.
- Tennessee Titans – LB Joshua Perry (Ohio State).
- Cleveland Browns – OG Christian Westerman (Arizona State).
- San Diego Chargers – OG Issac Seumalo (Oregon State).
- Dallas Cowboys – DL Adolphus Washington (Ohio State).
- San Francisco 49ers – DB Xavien Howard (Baylor).
- Jacksonville Jaguars – LB Su’a Cravens (Southern Cal).
- Baltimore Ravens – S Jalen Mills (LSU).
- New York Giants – OG Connor McGovern (Missouri).
- Chicago Bears – DE Charles Tapper (Oklahoma).
- Miami Dolphins – OT John Theus (Georgia).
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DB Sean Davis (Maryland).
- Oakland Raiders – TE Austin Hooper (Stanford).
- Tennessee Titans – DB Cyrus Jones (Alabama).
- Philadelphia Eagles – OT Kyle Murphy (Stanford).
- New Orleans Saints – OG Joshua Garnett (Standford).
- Philadelphia Eagles – RB Devontae Booker (Utah).
- Buffalo Bills – DE Carl Nassib (Penn State).
- Atlanta Falcons – S Karl Joseph (West Virginia).
- Indianapolis Colts – DB Will Redmond (Mississippi State).
- New York Jets – WR Pharoh Cooper (South Carolina).
- Washington Redskins – DB KeiVarae Russell (Notre Dame).
- Houston Texans – TE Nick Vannett (Ohio State).
- Minnesota Vikings – S Darian Thompson (Boise State).
- Cincinnati Bengals – WR Kenny Lawler (Cal).
- Green Bay Packers – RB Kenyan Drake (Alabama).
- Pittsburgh Steelers – QB Cardale Jones (Ohio State).
- Seattle Seahawks – LB Deion Jones (LSU).
- New England Patriots – LB Jordan Jenkins (Georgia).
- Arizona Cardinals – DB Jonathan Jones (Auburn).
- Carolina Panthers – WR Rashard Higgins (Colorado State).
- Denver Broncos – RB C.J. Prosise (Notre Dame).
- Detroit Lions – LB Jaylon Smith (Notre Dame).
- New England Patriots – LB Kyler Fackrell (Utah State).
- Seattle Seahawks – RB Jonathan Williams (Arkansas).
- Denver Broncos – LB Scooby Wright III (Arizona).
(Teams Going Off + Thoughts Flexed In = Combination Lineups)
May the Fantasy Force be with you.
Follow us on Twitter @Theffnation
#MoonMan #cheyeah #TheFFnation